The law restricts to fly drones in residential areas, areas covering the airport without permission from the Minister of Land. Also, during night time and during an event flying drones is restricted.
Further, UAVs in
The person who plans to function a UAV in the following airspace needs to get permission from the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Airspace situated around airports and above mentioned heights.
- Over densely populated areas 4,000 people per square kilometer or more.
And must abide by the operational conditions provided below,
1. Operation of UAVs in the daytime.
2. Operation of UAVs within Visual Line of Sight (VLOS).
3. Maintenance of a certain operating distance between UAVs and persons or properties on the ground/ water surface.
4. Do not operate UAVs over event sites where many people gather.
5. Do not transport hazardous materials such as explosives by UAV.
6. Do not drop any objects from UAVs.
If the above rules are not followed, the UAV operator is answerable for a fine of up to 500,000 yen.
Drones are restricted from flying:
1. Within airways over 150 meters (492 ft.) or 250 meters elsewhere and within 9 km of airports
2. Includes all of the 81 public parks of Metropolitan Tokyo and the gardens.
(Tokyo Metropolitan Government ordinance) violation may conclude in a fine of up to 50,000 yen that is equal to $410. Officials have stated that the violators will not be arrested, which is a crucial part since the police have a right after arrest to hold suspects without charge for 23 days.
A minimum of 17 prefectural governments such that Tokyo and five municipal governments have previously introduced drone regulations.
For instance, the Tottori prefectural government revised the local ordinance in March to secure the Tottori Sand Dunes. The ordinance restricts the functions of remote-control helicopters and other flying objects.
Thus, most of the local governments that have brought some regulations that restrict flying drones are using existing local ordinances on parks or building management regulations.
These local governments handle drones, which could fall to the ground, as identical to launching fireworks or playing catch with a hard ball.
The governments of Tokyo and the city of Nagoya restricts drone flights according to the clauses in their ordinances that ban “operations that can block the management of parks”
After the successful accomplishment of large-scale repair work at Himeji Castle in Himeji, Hyogo Prefecture, there has been a spike in drones that are used to shoot footage. The Himeji city government will consider flying drones over the castle as, acts that block the preservation of the castle according to the city ordinance to handle the castle, and has called for restraint on drone flights.